Ever get a hankering for some delicious Tex Mex style food, but you're trying to convince yourself otherwise? Give this quick and easy dish a try!
One of the best ways to succeed is to make sure you're planning ahead. Have a recipe that makes multiple servings? Divid the leftovers up into individual containers and voila! You just meal prepped ;).
What to order from Chomp Nola’s Bulk Menu:
• 1 lb shredded chicken
• 1 lb peppers & onions
• 1 lb jasmine rice
• large flour tortillas (This recipe uses Extreme Wellness by Olé Mexican Foods)
• 1 13oz can of red enchilada sauce
• 1/2oz cilantro
• lime juice (1/2 lime)
• shredded cheddar cheese
Optional garnishes (not included in nutritional facts below):
• sour cream
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Total time: 30 min
- In a large pan warm the chicken, 1 cup of onion and peppers and the enchilada sauce until hot.
- Place the tortilla on a clean work surface. Place 6 oz of the chicken mixture on the tortilla and top with 1 oz of shredded cheese. Fold sides of tortilla toward center, then roll bottom edge towards the top, enclosing sides tightly.
- Place chimichanga on prepared backing sheet seam side down. Repeat process 3 more times.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- RICE: While chimichangas are baking add lime juice and cilantro to the rice and warm in the microwave.
- Serve, garnish and enjoy!
Calculated using above ingredients
Makes 4 servings.