We thought we would start off our blog with introducing y’all to one of our favorite dishes, chili! You may have seen several versions of chili on our menus over the years. That’s because this dish is so versatile, and can be made to fit anyone’s taste profiles and health needs. It’s also one of the best meals to curl up on the coach with during the cold winter months. We hope you enjoy!
Always have staple ingredients on hand. When it comes to preparing quick and easy meals week after week, it pays to have these staple items already on hand that go great in just about every recipe and saves you a trip to the grocery store.
Examples of ingredients to have on hand:
- minced garlic
- cans of chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce
- seasonings like chili powder, onion power, garlic powder
What to order from Chomp Nola’s Bulk Menu:
• 2 lbs ground turkey
• 1 lb mixed vegetables
• 1 lb rustic potatoes
• 1 medium onion chopped
• 1 clove of garlic onion chopped
• 2 tbsp olive oil (used to sauté onion & garlic)
• 1 can chopped tomatoes (Rotel)
• 1 24oz can crushed tomatoes
• 2 8oz cans tomato sauce
• salt to taste
Seasoning mix (pre-mix together):
• 3 tbsp chili powder
• 2 tbsp cumin
• 1.5 tsp oregano
• 0.5 tsp cayenne pepper
• 2 tsp onion powder
• 2 tsp garlic powder
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 30 min | Total time: 50 min
- In a food processor, finely chop the Chomp Nola mixed vegetables. This helps blend and disguise the vegetables better into the chili. (If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a knife to achieve the same result.)
- In a pan, sauté onions and garlic until soft on medium to high heat.
- In a large pot, on high heat, add sautéed onions & garlic, Chomp Nola ground turkey, can of chopped tomatoes, cans of tomato sauce, can of crushed tomatoes, finely chopped Chomp Nola mixed vegetables and chili seasoning mix. Add water for desired thickness. Stir together and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a low-medium and let simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Potatoes: Preheat oven to 350º, spread rustic potatoes onto a stone or baking pan, bake for about 10 minutes or until desired color.
- Serve chili with potatoes, let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!
We paired our chili with potatoes to add a carb option to the dish. Because who doesn’t love potatoes with chili?! Feel free to garnish your chili how you see fit- cheese, avocado, make it uniquely yours!
Calculated using above ingredients
Chili makes about 10 servings.
Serving size: 1 bowl of chili (10oz) with 3oz of potatoes